John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. Glory and honor be to our Creator for always protecting my family from the works of the wicked one.
2. We also thank Him for providing for our daily needs such as food, water, good health, etc.
3. Some time ago I reported of sister Maame Beauty, who was pregnant and needed our prayers for safe delivery. God has been gracious to us. On Wednesday, February 13, at dawn, she was sent to the hospital for delivery. Another woman also in labor was taken first to the delivery room but unfortunately, died. You can imagine how she felt to know she is going to the delivery room next. She was also sent and it was difficult for her to deliver, so she was sent to the theatre for surgery. By God’s intervention the surgery was successful. She had a baby boy and they are doing well. This was the woman we prayed for at the leaders retreat at Tamale. To God be the glory.
4. Thank God we had a successful women’s convention at Nkwanta from February 27 to March 2. The attendance was very poor, but it was one of the conventions we can speak of how God can demonstrate his power in the midst of a few people.
1. Let us pray for the members to be rooted in the word of God so that they can stand against the enticement of false prophets the devil has sent to lead them from the word of God to miracles.
2. Pray for members to be blessed financially in order to give generously to promote the work of God.
3. Pray for a pick-up truck for Nkwanta which can also serve in the other areas of Nkwanta municipality.
4. We need support to complete the mission house in Nkwanta. The burden is becoming too heavy for us to carry. God should send people to come and assist in order to complete it as soon as possible for it to be used to save us from paying for the rented house.