John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. Thank God that my family members are healthy. My mother-in-law had serous pains in her legs that she could not walk by herself without the help of someone. But by the grace of God she is now well and she can walk all by herself.
2. Thank God for continuing to provide for our monthly allowance so that we are able to meet our home and personal needs.
3. Thank God for a safe journey for some of our members who joined other sister churches in Sega to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Thanks be to God for a successful convention.
4. We thank God for a successful all-night prayer at Nkwanta, where we prayed for our Pistis Christian churches, leaders, missionaries, the nation, lost souls, and for our personal needs.
1. I need prayers for my daughter Sabina who is pregnant and due for delivery, that God shout protect her and grant her a safe delivery. Also, my last-born, Jemimah, is also taking her final exams (WASSCE). Pray that she will be protected and guided by the Holy Spirit and she will come out successful.
2. Pray for sister Maamene Beauty (the sister we prayed for in Tamale) whose child’s naming ceremony and child dedication were done within the month, that this child (Miracle Adams Malantey) will grow in the spirit of God and in good health.
3. Pray for the provision of a pick-up truck for the work of evangelism and crusades in surrounding villages.
4. Pray for the stability of members and for devoted members for evangelism.