Francis Addae works among the Gonja and Komkomba people groups in the East Gonja district at Salaga and its surrounding villages in the Northern region of Ghana.
The following is Francis' latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for His continued work:
2020 JANUARY REPORT
This is my heartfelt thanksgiving to God for watching over my life and my entire family for the month of January. Many are the things God has done for me and my family. He gave us protection, feeding, traveling mercies, and many more.
All my family are doing fine. May His name be glorified.
In the month of February l pray that He should carry me through as in January, including my family and those in the mission house.
I ask prayers for my family due to the death of my sister and uncle on the same day (January 28). My sister’s burial will take place on February 14, while my uncle’s burial will also take place on March 27.
I need your prayer support for all these travels to my hometown.
I will personally thank God for safe journey He granted to me and the clinic staff from Makango to the staff retreat in Tamale.
The report said 480 souls were accepted to Christ and baptized into the Kingdom of God, of which 31 were from the hard work l and my elder did. May the name of our Lord be glorified!
We thank God for His mercies toward our works in Salaga and surroundings, and the protections given to all the churches as well as elders.
May God continue to provide all our needed tools to work and to see us through, both our wives and children.
Prayer Requests for Mission Field
1. I have surveyed a village called Accrape, by Volta lake, which is about 35 miles away from Salaga, and my prayer is that by the end of 2020, if it is the will of God, I and my helpers will move there and start a church.
2. We need to increase the numbers of the baptisms this year; therefore, we pray for God’s help.
3. The Salaga church is asking prayers and financial aid to build their church building.
4. The Salaga church has lost a member who was an old lady (about 90 years old) whose funeral will be held February 28–29.
5. I am asking prayers for Brother Anthony to have support to go for Bible training in order for him to use his God-given talents to support Isaiah and Ito do the Lord’s work in the field to win souls for the Kingdom of God.
6. This prayer goes to Pastor Isaiah for his motorcycle need. The one he is currently using is very old and always breaking down.
May God see us through this 2020 to get all our needs and be equipped to work effectively to bring more souls to the Kingdom of Christ.
This is a suggestion: Our churches at Nikata, off the road to Ekumdi, are requesting a school. The community does not have a school. They started one, which had about 100 pupils,but due to financial difficulties, the school is not functioning any longer and the children are suffering. Therefore, the community leaders approached Pastor Isaiah to talk to FAME Ghana to take over the school to save the children’slives from staying home without schooling.
On behalf of Nikata PCC, the entire community is looking forward to hearing a positive feedback from you by the grace of God.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Currently, l have 9 branches of churches which we need much prayer support.
About the vision in the year, l will like it to be a year of progress in all our field work.
1. Increasing of baptisms through visitation and evangelism.
2. Focusing on crusades and revival in our communities.
3. Moving to a new community this year.
4. Training more leaders by having meetings and giving them words of encouragement.
This is the vision of my area; therefore:
1. We need the help of God to strengthen our leaders to fulfill this vision.
2. There is a need for the GCM office to support us to achieve this goal, both prayers and financial support, such as car maintenance and provision of a motorcycle for some of our leaders, especially Pastor Isaiah.