The following are the combined staff reports from the various GCM staff. They cover December 2020 and/or January 2021.
“We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I'm still in the midst of it.” Philippians 1:30
Another New Year. Despite the losses experienced, December ended on a good note. We organized two mini crusades at Loagri and Yizesi. 21 people, 18 in Loagri and 3 in Yizesi, gave their lives to Christ.
In early December, we donated clothes to the churches in Sohou. Pastor Wisdom Nyador and his wife visited us in December, with clothes distributed to some churches and the Amen Vocational Training Center. On December 3, Dr. Lydia Nyador made a personal donation to the girls in the center. Pastor Paul also donated to support their feeding program.
We are very happy to inform you of the return of four girls who left the center a year ago; they are back and continuing their training!
Sadly, two of our members have passed after a short illness.
However, we have been blessed with a new life as a couple in the church has welcomed a newborn. There has also been a marriage ceremony for Brother Cephas and his bride. We are incredibly grateful to the Lord for taking us through the year and are hoping for His blessings and grace this year.
I am the leader of the Pistis Christian Churches in Kumasi, the Ashanti Region of Ghana. I am privileged to be pastoring in Kumasi from January 1, 2002, till now.
The month of December 2020 had been a joyful celebration as the church was able to witness the annual thanksgiving and offering services in the first and second assemblies at Oduom.
Please help me pray for the overflow of God’s favor for the three assemblies in Kumasi as COVID-19 has rendered most of our members financially unstable as a direct result of a loss of their jobs.
I also request prayer support for financial breakthrough for all the pastors, elders, the church workers, as well as our sponsors and donors whose partnership and support for us as a church will not go unnoticed.
May 2021 bring you many blessings as we pray for both political and religious leaders around the world.
The three local churches of the Pistis family of Kumasi needs one mini bus to convey our members to and from church service on Sunday mornings and Thursday evenings.
It is our prayer that the good Lord will bring us a benevolent donor to help us purchase the said mini bus.
May the good Lord richly bless you for your continuous partnership and the support.
The church and I thank the Almighty God for bringing us to the last month of the year 2020.
Due to COVID-19, there was no Christmas convention for the year.
We organized a fundraiser on December 20 and raised 1,800 Ghana cedis ($310 US) to continue the work on the church building.
The church continues to pray for God's grace and good health for our leaders and donors in Ghana and abroad.
Our God has been faithful to us from January to December 2020, and we are grateful for His abundant blessings. We give thanks to FAME staff for their prayers and support, both in kind and cash.
We also want to express our gratitude to our sponsors for their support. May the Lord richly bless you all.
My family and I are so grateful for all you have done for us. The support given to me when my wife was in labor and had to have a Caesarean section is immensely appreciated.
By the grace of God, Kojobone P.C.C. continues to grow deeper in the Lord despite some challenges, including the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of our needs and challenges are:
1. A video projector for evangelism.
2. A borehole for potable drinking water.
3. A tricycle to carry our instruments for evangelism and joint services.
4. Kanjido and Dalando, who still worship under trees, have been able to acquire a piece of land by the grace of God. We are trusting God to open doors for us financially so we can start building.
On Church Planting
Our plan to plant a church at Takanado in 2020 could not happen due to COVID-19. However, we are still working hard to plant the church there.
We wish everyone a Happy New Year. May the Lord continue to bless you all in Jesus' mighty name.
I am always grateful to God for His protection and provision for our needs. We are all healthy and living in peace.
1. There was a successful fundraising organized in Nkwanta in November towards the continuation and completion of Nkwanta Mission House. Members contributed willingly and out of their heart. It was a day of great joy.
2. Adele Area Women Fellowship organized a convention and it was held in Nkwanta (Church Chapel) in December. It brought great encouragement among them. COVID-19 protocols were observed.
3. Work on the Mission House is ongoing and, hopefully, will be completed by March 2021.
4. Sunday service, prayer meetings, and Bible studies continue as usual.
5. There was a great increase in numbers of attendance on December 31 Night Vigil because new and old members were present for church service. This was greatly seen in Tutukpene, which recorded about 230 members in attendance as compared to previous attendance during Sunday services.
6. Thank you very much for all the support rendered to the church and my family. We are very grateful. God richly bless us all. Amen.
1. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, church planting as planned has come to a standstill.
2. We need a mechanized borehole at the mission house. There are no water works to supply us with water. Hopefully, if all these are catered for, we will move by April 2021.
1. Pray for Deaconess Kumah Vivian, who has been suffering from a stomach ulcer for quite a long time now. We pray for healing and restoration back to good health and strength.
1. I thank God for the year 2020 and the numerous blessings He bestowed on my family and me.
2. I also thank God for sustaining my ministry. The year ended well with seven souls baptized.
3. The church is grateful to God for protecting and sustaining the lives of my congregation. Sadly, a soul was lost in 2020.
4. The church also thanks God for all the developmental projects done.
5. I pray for good husbands for my daughters this 2021.
6. I wish all my members of staff good health and success. I pray for sustenance for Mission Resource Ghana. I also wish well for our new director for FAME and GCM, Pastor Wisdom Nyador.
7. The church wishes goodwill, health, and success for her members.
8. The church also prays for more souls and stability for the congregation. The church, finally, prays for the new director. Let there be unity among all leaders to cooperate with the new director.
We are grateful to the Lord God Almighty for how He has brought us. May His name be glorified forever. The year had been challenging, yet our God has been faithful and we appreciate Him for that.
To our sponsors and management, I want to say thank you for all the needed assistance you have given to sustain the organization. May the good Lord bless you for your hard work.
We need your prayers as we are going to see a specialist to find out more about my wife's health issue. Even though her health issue has cost us many setbacks in life, we still look up to God for His will to be done.
Seven new believers were baptized on Sunday, and we need your prayers for them to walk in the Lord till eternity. Stay blessed.
David Addy Akesey of The Transformation Christian Church at Awutu, Papaase
Two Things to Thank God for in the Family
1. Thank God for my nephew, Patrick Akpesey, and his family in Atlanta, Georgia. Thank God for their protection and safety in the midst of COVID-19.
2. Thank God for taking care of us and providing us with our basic needs.
Two Things to Pray for in the Family
1. Pray for the education of our last child, Regina, who is in SHS form one (equivalent to the 10th grade) and attended classes for just about three weeks before the lockdown.
2. Pray for our daughter, Linda Akpesey, who is a nurse and had completed her National Service to get employment in early 2021.
Two Things to Thank God for in the Ministry
1. Thank God for six new converts who were baptized in early December 2020.
2. Thank God for saving the life of one of our members, Brother Constant Sekloasi, from a terrible motorcycle accident.
Two Things to Pray for in the Ministry
1. Pray for the financial improvement of the Transformation Christian Church so that we can build our new chapel on time.
2. Pray for effective evangelism efforts of the Transformation Christian Church in 2021.
We are so grateful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His mercy, love, and care even in times of difficulties. I will not forget to continuously thank God for my family and the entire church.
December being a festive season, many programs were organized. These include Christian conventions and social/public activities such as the presidential and parliamentary election. God was good to us as we were protected throughout all of these programs.
We organized an end-of-year prayer meeting at the district level. This year, Christmas convention was organized at the local level, and I was able to visit all the churches, namely, Ahiatroga, Ekye, and (ended at) Maame Krobo.
Finally, I thank FAME Ghana and its staff for their hard work in leading this mission. May the Lord bless you all. We are hoping 2021 will be a better year than 2020. Amen.
We give glory to the Lord for carrying and bringing us to the end of the year. Please help us thank God for my family, the church, and the organization at large.
No baptisms were recorded in December. No Christmas convention held due to COVID-19. However, we had our crossover watch night on December 31, which was fantastic.
Prayer needs: Several fetish charms were placed on our compound this month. My goat was brutally killed and one its mutilated parts was placed on our compound. Continue to pray for us and the ministry.
Let's give God all the glory for the year despite its challenges.
We thank God for watching over us all and to our sponsors, for their wonderful support and hard work. God bless you all and your family.
Prayer request: To do things we were not able to do as a church, during the year 2020.
Church planting: A church was planted last year (2020), with 11 members.
By the grace of God, we blessed a marriage last December. Pray for the couple to have a good marriage. Unfortunately, we lost five of our members who are resting now in heaven with our Maker. Continue to pray with us as we go through various kinds of challenges. God bless us all. Amen.
"Let us give thanks to God Almighty for His love endures forever." Psalm 118:1
The year 2020 was particularly challenging for me, but the Lord who strengthens the weak in times of trouble has done it for me also.
I lost two of my loved ones: my mom and my beloved wife, Helen. But thanks to God that I did not lose hope in Jesus Christ. I thank the brethren from home and abroad especially my American friends who stood with me physically, financially, and spiritually. God richly bless you.
In the midst of these challenges, the Lord favored Makafui, one of my children who was recruited into the Ghana Immigration Service and is currently at post. Yayra Lawrence is now in level 300 at Tamale Technical University pursuing computer science. Princess Mawufemor is in grade six at Kumdi.
I also thank God for the churches. Last year, a donor helped us to put up a pavilion that serves as our meeting place at Kumdi Christian Church. The church on its own has raised an amount of 4,600 Ghana cedis (about $800 US) for the continuation of the chapel. But this is inadequate to make the floors, walls, doors, and windows.
Joel Bakando, one of the leaders, has completed a one-year Bible training program at Dunamis Bible Institute in Tamale. He will be ordained in June 2021 and will be posted to the Kpandai Christian Church.
Six revivals were held in Kpandai and Kumdi, which have improved or encouraged the spiritual growth of the members. More reviews will be held in 2021.
1. By the end of 2025, I will go on retirement, but unfortunately, I don't have a house to return to when I retire. I pray the Lord will provide financial support to purchase a plot and built a house.
2. Financial support for my children's education; my wife who was helping is gone to rest with the Lord.
3. A pickup truck for evangelism. The motorbike is not favorable as my age is of concern.
4. Renovation of the mission house at Kumdi.
5. Renovation of the toilet facility at the residence.
6. My late wife's funeral will be held on March 14 at Kumdi.
7. Borehole for Kpandai Christian Church.
8. Financial support and motorbike for Joel for evangelism.
Vision for 2021
1. Put more effort into evangelism to win souls for Christ with at least 15 baptisms.
2. Organize more revivals in the churches.
3. Continue working on the church buildings.
May the Lord help me and my team to achieve these.