John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. Thank God for my daughter’s safe delivery. She has a baby boy. Jemimah has also finished writing her WASSCE exams safely. We are very grateful to God.
2. We thank God for protecting and providing for us throughout last month.
3. There was a successful Mother’s Day celebration. This special day was celebrated by appreciation for our mothers with gifts and praying for them to live longer and in good health.
4. There was a Women Empowerment leaders’ program for the Atwode and Adele/Nkwanta areas. Leaders from Christian Leadership Training Institute came to teach women on how to live a healthy life and how to worship God.
1. Pray that my daughter who just completed senior high will come out successful and financial doors will open so that she can continue to the tertiary level.
2. Pray that my son Emmanuel, who will also finish his National service in July, will be led by God to a good job which will not hinder his Christianity.
3. Pray for God’s intervention for one devoted woman, Kumah Vivian, who is suffering from a severe stomach ulcer, has a marriage problem, and also has a son suffering from epilepsy.