John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's report from the mission field in October/November. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. God has been gracious to my family. He has seen us through this month by protecting and providing for our daily needs. To him be the glory.
2. We thank God for the peace in our marriage and our children living in the fear of the Lord.
3. We had three days of revival services at Nkwanta from October 24 to 26. On the last day was an all-night prayer service. It was a time or re-kindling our spirit to be on fire for the Lord.
4. At Tutukpene a group of members went to the homes of the backslidden members to bring them back. By God’s grace some of them have returned to the church.
1. We need a pick-up truck in Nkwanta to help us evangelize the surrounding villages.
2. We need finances to complete the mission house in Nkwanta to relieve us from the burden of paying rent, which is draining the finances on the Nkwanta church.
3. A member in the Nkwanta church named Beauty Maamene is pregnant and needs prayers for safe delivery and God’s protection on the child. She first had a pregnancy and the baby died in her womb, and for the second time her baby died after delivery. She has been through a lot. She is pregnant again for the third time, and this time we pray that God will see her through and save her and her baby.