John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. Thank God for protecting and providing for my family for our daily needs.
2. Thank God that my daughter Jemimah left us to further her education in the university.
3. Thank God that two people have surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ and have been baptized.
4. Thank God that a member of the church in Nkwanta, Kumah Vivian, who for the past months could not attend church service because of sickness, has now started coming because is recovering.
1. Pray for my family to be protected from evil powers so that we can live peacefully to do this work.
2. Pray for the financial needs of the family, especially for paying Jemimah’s fees at the university.
3. Pray that the church will be able to reach the unreached with the Gospel of Christ. We are planning to reach Krontang with the Gospel before the year ends. God should prepare the grounds, the hearts of the unsaved, and make a way for us to be able to reach them.
4. Pray that the members of the churches will be protected from false teachers and prophets and live in obedience to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.