John Newman oversees 6 churches in Nkwanta and its surrounding villages, where there are more than 21,000 people (45% are idol worshippers and 25% are Muslims). He resigned his teaching job to become a full-time church planter. He has been married since 1986 and is blessed with 4 children.
The following is John's latest report from the mission field. Please join us in thanking God and asking for his continued work:
1. Our God is always gracious to my family. He has protected and provided for all our needs. He has granted us peace and we are grateful.
2. Our daughter Jemimah has been successful in her high school final examination (WASSCE). God has heard our prayers and we thank Him for His grace.
3. Twenty-four people were baptized this month. Twenty-two from Tutukpene and two from Nkwanta.
4. Two children have been named at Nkwanta Assembly. Children of Mr. and Mrs. Asamoah, Mr. and Mrs. Bekakpo.
1. The Nkwanta Area youth will be having their youth camp at Tutukpene from August 14 to 18. Pray for traveling mercies, God's protection, and transformation by God's Word.
2. Two women (Kumah Vivian, Nyokor Beauty) underwent surgery at the municipal hospital and were discharged. Pray that they regain their strength.
3. I need financial support to be able to help my daughter Jemimah to continue her education at the university as she gains admission. Pray for God's provision.
4. Pray that God will protect my family and guide me in the ministry He has called me, to preach the gospel and teach the people to be faithful in Christ.